Utilization of Chitosan Cross-Linked with Tripolyphosphate as The Excipient of Snakehead Fish (Channa Striatus) Gel
Meat of snakehead fish (Channa striatus) has been reported can be used for wound healing because contains proteins, essential amino acids, lipid and fatty acids that inuenced wound healing process. The present study was performed in order to formulate gels contain meat powders of snakehead fish for wound healing. The formulas were used 1 g (formula 1) and 2 g (formula 2) meat powder of snakehead fish as an active ingredient. Meat powder of snakehead fish have been made nanosuspension use ionic gelation method with chitosan and sodium tripolyphosphate and formulated to gel form using HPMC as gelling agent. Suspenses have been physicochemical charactheried. The results showed that suspenses (formula 1 and formula 2) have particle sie in range of 41.665.5 nm and 41.2.1 nm respectively polidispersity inde of 0.512 and 0.456 respectively eta potential ()2.15 m and ()2.35 m respectively both of formulas have spherical particles.
2. Mat Jais, AM. McCullok R, Croft K. Fatty acid and amino acid composition in Haruan as a potential role in wound healing. General Pharmacology. 14. (25): 947-50.
3. Avadi MR, Sadeghi AM, Mohammadpour N, Abedim S, Atyabi F, Dinarvand R, Tehrani RM. Preparation and characteriation of insulin nanoparticles using chitosan and arabic gum with ionic gelation method. Nanomedicine. 200(6):563.
4. Jahanshahi, Babaei. Protein nanoparticle: A unique system as drug delivery vehicles. J Biotech. 200. 7(25):42634.
5. Amalia H. Preparasi gel nanopartikel kofein menggunakan metode gelasi ionik kitosan natrium tripolifosfat dan uji penetrasi in vitro dengan sel difusi fran. Jakarta: Fakultas Farmasi Universitas Indonesia 2013.
6. Iswandana R, Anwar E, Jufri M. Nanoparticles formulation from chitosan and sodium tripolyphosphate by ionic gelation method using verapamil hydrochloride as drug model. 24th FAPA Congress, Bali-Indonesia. 2012.
7. Martin A, Swarbrick J, Cammarata A. Farmasi fisik. Jilid II. Ed. III. Jakarta: UI Press 13. 324.
All articles in Jurnal Ilmu Kefarmasian Indonesia are an open-access article, distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium.
This licence applies to Author(s) and Public Reader means that the users mays :
copy and redistribute the article in any medium or format
remix, transform, and build upon the article (eg.: to produce a new research work and, possibly, a new publication)
If you remix, transform, or build upon the article, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- NO ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS:
You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
It does however mean that when you use it you must:
- ATTRIBUTION: You must give appropriate credit to both the Author(s) and the journal, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
You may not:
- NONCOMMERCIAL: You may not use the article for commercial purposes.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.