Identification of Compounds in Water Extract of Bangle Rhizome (Zingiber cassumunar Roxb.)
In a preliminary study on search of marker compounds from raw material phytopharmaceutical water extracts of medicinal herbs bangle (Zingiber casumunar Roxb.) three compounds, namely (E)-4-(3’,4’-dimethoxyphenyl)but-3-en-1-yl acetate (1), (E)-4(3’,4’-dimethoxyphenyl) but-3-en-1-1-ol (2) and 2-Methoxy-8-(3,4-dimethoxyphenyl)-1,4-napthoquinone (3) had been found. The isolation was done by partition and combination of chromatography techniques. The isolated pure compound was analyzed by spectroscopy methods of NMR proton and carbon one and two-dimensional, LC-MS and IR-spectrophotometry IR
2. Jitoe A, Masuda T, Nakatani N. Phenylbutanoid dimers from the rhizomes of Zingiber cassumunar. Phytochemistry. 1993. 32(2):357-62.
3. Masuda T, Jittoe A. Phenylbutenoid monomers from the rizhomes of Zigiberis cassumunar. Phytochemistry. 1995. 39(2):459-61.
4. Nagano T, Oyama Y, Kajita N, Chikahisa L, Nakata M, Okazaki E, Masuda T. Japan J Pharmacol. 1997.75: 363-70.
5. Jeenapongsa R, Yoovatroworn K, Sriwwtanakul KM, Pongparyoon U, Sriwatanakul K. Anti-inflammatory activity of (E)-1-(3,4-dimethoxyphenyl) butadiene from Zingiber cassumunar Roxb. J Etnopharmacol. 2003.87 (2-3):143-8.
6. Han AR, Min HY, Tri W, Jeohn GH, Jang DS, Lee SK, Seo EK. A new cytotoxic phenylbutanoid dimer from rhizomes of Zingiberis cassumunar. Letter Planta Med. 2004.70:1095-97.
7. Lee JW, Min HY, Han AR, Chung H J, Park EJ, Park HJ, Hong JY, Seo EK, Lee SK. Growth inhibition and induction of G1 phase cell cycle arrest in human lung cancer cell by a phenylbutenoid dimer isolated from Zingiber cassumunar. Biol Farm Bul. 2007.30 (8):1561-4 .
8. Pithanayanukul P, Tubprasert J, Wuthi-Undomlert M. In vitro antimicrobial activity of Zingiber cassumunar (plai) oil and a 5% plai oil gel. Phytother Res. 2007. 21(2):164-9.
9. Nakamura S, Iwami J, Matsuda H, Wakayama H, Popiriyadacha Y, Yoshikawa M. Structure of new phenylbutanoids and nitric oxide production inhibitors from the rhizomes of Zingiber cassumunar. Chem Pharm Bull. 2009.57(11):1267–72.
10. Matsuda H, Nakamura S, Iwami J, Xuezheng Li, Pongpiriyadacha Y, Nakai M, Kubo M, Fukuyama Y, Yshikawa M. Invasions inhibitor of human fibrosarcoma HT 1080 cells from the rhizome of Zingiber cassumunar: Structure of phenylbutanoids, cassumanols. Chem Pharm Bull. 2011.59(3):365-70.
11. Kamazeri AST, Othman AbdS, Taher M, Susanti D, Qarraleh H. Antimicrobial activity and essential oils of Curcuma aeruginosa, Curcuma mangga and Zingber cassumunar from Malaysia. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. 2012. 202-9
12. Pavia DL, Lampman GM, Kriz GS. Introduction to Spectroscopy. USA: Thomson Learning; 2001.
Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.