The Influence of Macassar Fruit (Bruceajavanica [L.] Merr) Ethanol Extract on Phagocytic Activity and ROI Production of Mice Phagocyte Cells In vivo
One way to prevent of disease through increased endurance by increasing the effectiveness of the immune system to light the causes of disease. Macassar fruit (Brucea javanica [L.] Merr) of Simambaceae is known containing quasinoid which has cytotoxic activity against cancer, antiplasmodium, and improving the effectiveness of humoral immun system. The work is to investigate the effect of Macassar fruit ethanol extract on the activity and phagocytic capacity, as well as phagocyte ROI production of mice phagocyte cells. Five groups consisted of 12 mice per group were prepared. Group I, a normal control was given distilled water, Group II was given orally with Macassar fruit ethanol extract dose of 100 mg/ kg, Group III a dose of 200 mg/kg, Group IV a dose of 300 mg/kg, and positive control group V was given Stimuno. Results showed that the phagocytic activity of phagocyte cells increased with increasing doses. The highest phagocytic activity was achieved by the 300 mg/kg dose, observed either at 8th and 15th days after the treatment, with an increase in phagocytic activity of 65 .60% and 70.5%. ROI production of phagocytic cells has different response after 7 days or 14 days treatment with Macassar fruit extract. The ROI production increased by 43% after 14 days treatment with Maccasar fruit ethanol extract with the dose of 300 mg/kg BW.
2. Atlas RM. Phagocytosis in microbiology fundamentals and applications. New York: McMillan Co; 1984. 476-88.
3. Kim II-I, Takashima S, Histotsyunagi Y, Hasuda Y, dkk. New quassinoids javanicolides C and D and javanicolides B and F from seeds of Brucea javanica. J Nat Prod. 2004. 67:863-8.
4. Sonlimar M, Sismindari, Mustofa. Uji sitotoksik in Vitro ekstrak kloroform Bruceajavanica L.(Meer), Ipomoea batatas Poir, Mussaenda pubescens Ait.F dan Portulaca oleracea L terhadap sel Hela. Maj alah Farmasi Indonesia 2002.13(4):215-22.
5. Kumala S. Isolasi dan penapisan mikroba endofit tanaman Brucea javanica (L) Merr serta uji sitotoksik metabolit sekunder terhadap beberapa sel kanker secara in vitro [disertasi], Jakarta: Universitas Indonesia; 2005. 107-15.
6. Kristina. Pengaruh pemberian fraksi etil asetat buah makasar (Bruceajavanica [L.] Merr.) terhadap kadar IgG serum [skripsi]. Jakarta: Fakultas Farmasi Universitas Pancasila; 2010. 33.
7. Praptiwi, Chairul dan Mindarti H. Uji efektivitas ekstrak etanol buah makasar terhadap Plasmodium berghei secara in vivo pada mencit [abstrak]. Bogor:Puslit Biologi LIPI; 2005.
8. Kresno SB. Imunologi diagnosis dan prosedur laboratorium edisi IV. Jakarta: Fakultas Kedokteran Universitas Indonesia; 2001, 6-12, 33-4.
Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.