Isolasi Senyawa Aktif dari Ekstrak Hipokotil Sarang Semut (Myrmecodia pendens Merr. & Perry) sebagai Penghambat Xantinoksidase
Medicinal plant called “sarang semut”, Myrmecodia pendens Merr. & Perry (Rubiaceae), is an epiphyt plant traditionally used in Papua for healing various diseases such as hyperuricemia, rheumatic, and cancer. A chemical compound recognized as xanthinoxidase inhibitor has been isolated from n-buthanol fraction of the plant extract. The isolation was carried out by column chromatography (SiO2, CHCI3-MeOH = 5:1-1:1) and the purification Was conducted using high pressure liquid chromatography (RP, C-18; MeOH-water = 5 : 1). The activity test for Xanthinoxidase inhibitor Was performmed by using modilied Noro method. The pure compound showed xanthinoxidase inhibitor activity of IC50 at 79,77%.
2. Fajri FA, Rachman AA. Menyibak misteri rumah Sang Koloni. Natural. 2006.15:15-7.
3. Rachman AA. Senyawa aktif bersarang di sarang semut. Natural. 2006. 15: 18-20.
4. Huxley CR, J ebb MHP. The tuberous epiphytes of the Rubiaceae 5: A revision of Myrmecodia. Blumea.
5. Owen PR, Johns T. Xanthine Oxidase inhibitory activity of Northeastern North American plant remedies used for gout. J Ethno Pharm. 1999.64:149-53.
6. Gonzalez AG, Bazzochi, Gupta MP. Xanthine oxidase inhibitory activity of some Panamanian plants from Celastraceae and Laminaceae. J Ethnopharmacology. 1995.46:25-9.
7. Tsutomi N, Masatoshi N, Akira I. Two new poten inhibitors ofxanthine oxidase from leaves of Perilla jifustencens Britten, var. Acuta Kudo. Chem & Pharm. Bull. 1990.38(6):1772-74.
Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.