Efek Pasca Antibiotik Ciprofloxacin terhadap Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 25923 dan Escherichia coli ATCC 25922
Post antibiotic effect is the period required by bacteria to physiologically recover after exposure to antibiotics at certain concentrations and exposure time. This study investigated the post antibiotic effect of ciprofloxacin, one of quinolon derivative with broad spectrum antibiotic activity and highest sensitivity towards both Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 2593 and Escherichia coli ATCC 25922. Lorian gel membrane filtration technique was used and bacteria were exposed to the antibiotic at a concentration of 10 times of the minimum inhibitionconcentration (MIC) for 2 hours. The findings demonstrated strongly that post-antibiotic effect of the two bacterial strain were different. The Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 25923) had shorter recovery time Within 2-3 hours When compared to the Escherichia coli (ATCC 25922) which recovered from the post-antibiotic effect Within 3-4 hours.
2. Zhanel GG, Cramton J, Kim S, Nicole LE, Davidson R.J, and Hoban DJ. Antimicrobial activity of sub inhibitory concentrations of ciprofloxacin against Pseudomonas aeruginosa as determined by killing curve method and the post antibiotic effect. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 1992.38:388-94.
3. Craig WA, Gudmundsson S. Post antibiotic effect. In VLorian 4th edition. Antibiotic in laboratory medicine. Baltimore: William and Wilkins; 1996. p. 296-325.
4. Amsterdam D. Susceptibility testing of antimicrobial in liquid media. In VLorian 4th edition. Antibiotic in laboratory medicine. Baltimore: William and Wilkins: 1996. p. 52-106.
5. Kumala S. Efek pasca antibiotik. Makalah. Jakarta: Fakultas Farmasi Universitas Pancasila; 1994. hal. 1-10.
6. AHF S, Drug Information. 2003. p. 762-80.
7. Jawetz, Melnick, Adelberg. Mikrobiologi kedokteran. Edisi 20. Jakarta: EGC Penerbit Buku Kedokteran; 1995. hal. 15-34, 48-51.
8. Jawetz E. Mikrobiologi untuk profesi kesehatan. Edisi XVI. Diterjemahkan oleh Bonang G. Jakarta: EGC Penerbit buku kedokteran; 1986. hal. 60-3, 239-41, 45-48.
9. http://ciprolloxacin.werhost.com. Diakses tanggal 20 April 2007.
All articles in Jurnal Ilmu Kefarmasian Indonesia are an open-access article, distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium.
This licence applies to Author(s) and Public Reader means that the users mays :
copy and redistribute the article in any medium or format
remix, transform, and build upon the article (eg.: to produce a new research work and, possibly, a new publication)
If you remix, transform, or build upon the article, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- NO ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS:
You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
It does however mean that when you use it you must:
- ATTRIBUTION: You must give appropriate credit to both the Author(s) and the journal, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
You may not:
- NONCOMMERCIAL: You may not use the article for commercial purposes.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.