Efek Pasca Antibiotik Ciprofloxacin terhadap Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 25923 dan Escherichia coli ATCC 25922
Post antibiotic effect is the period required by bacteria to physiologically recover after exposure to antibiotics at certain concentrations and exposure time. This study investigated the post antibiotic effect of ciprofloxacin, one of quinolon derivative with broad spectrum antibiotic activity and highest sensitivity towards both Gram positive and Gram negative bacteria, Staphylococcus aureus ATCC 2593 and Escherichia coli ATCC 25922. Lorian gel membrane filtration technique was used and bacteria were exposed to the antibiotic at a concentration of 10 times of the minimum inhibitionconcentration (MIC) for 2 hours. The findings demonstrated strongly that post-antibiotic effect of the two bacterial strain were different. The Staphylococcus aureus (ATCC 25923) had shorter recovery time Within 2-3 hours When compared to the Escherichia coli (ATCC 25922) which recovered from the post-antibiotic effect Within 3-4 hours.
2. Zhanel GG, Cramton J, Kim S, Nicole LE, Davidson R.J, and Hoban DJ. Antimicrobial activity of sub inhibitory concentrations of ciprofloxacin against Pseudomonas aeruginosa as determined by killing curve method and the post antibiotic effect. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy. 1992.38:388-94.
3. Craig WA, Gudmundsson S. Post antibiotic effect. In VLorian 4th edition. Antibiotic in laboratory medicine. Baltimore: William and Wilkins; 1996. p. 296-325.
4. Amsterdam D. Susceptibility testing of antimicrobial in liquid media. In VLorian 4th edition. Antibiotic in laboratory medicine. Baltimore: William and Wilkins: 1996. p. 52-106.
5. Kumala S. Efek pasca antibiotik. Makalah. Jakarta: Fakultas Farmasi Universitas Pancasila; 1994. hal. 1-10.
6. AHF S, Drug Information. 2003. p. 762-80.
7. Jawetz, Melnick, Adelberg. Mikrobiologi kedokteran. Edisi 20. Jakarta: EGC Penerbit Buku Kedokteran; 1995. hal. 15-34, 48-51.
8. Jawetz E. Mikrobiologi untuk profesi kesehatan. Edisi XVI. Diterjemahkan oleh Bonang G. Jakarta: EGC Penerbit buku kedokteran; 1986. hal. 60-3, 239-41, 45-48.
9. http://ciprolloxacin.werhost.com. Diakses tanggal 20 April 2007.
Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.