Pengaruh Ekstrak Lengkuas Putih [Alpinia galanga (L.) Willd] terhadap Infeksi Trichophyton mentagrophytes pada Kelinci
Lengkuas putih [Alpinia galanga (L.) Willd] has long been known to be used in treatment of dermatophytosis, a skin disease caused by dermatophytes fungi such as Trichophyton mentagrophytes. The fungi infects hairs, skins, and nails that contain keratin. The study was conducted in order to measure the effect of ethanol extract of Alpinia galanga in inhibiting Trichophyton mentagrohytes colonies both through in vitro test and in vivo test using infected rabbits . The results showed that minimal inhibition concentration (MIC) of Ahoinia galanga extract Was 1.5%. The extract was administered in cream preparation on in vivo test with minimal concentration (1.5%). Three group of rabbits were treated with the extract cream preparation (Group I), 2% with ketokonazol cream (Group II, positive control), and With none (Group III, negative control), respectively. The results showed that the infected rabbits treated with either cream containing the extract or ketokonazol were better recovered from infection than the rabbits in negative control group.
2. Gindo MS. Dermatofitosis zoonotik pada kucing di Jakarta. Jurnal Mikologi Kedokteran Indonesia. 2000.1(2):65-9.
3. Djauhariya E, Hernani, Gulma berkhasiat obat. Jakarta: Penebar Swadayag 2004. hal.3.
4. Wahyuni S. Perbandingan daya antifungi ekstrak rimpang lengkuas putih dan lengkuas merah terhadap Trichophyton ajelloi. Penelitian Tanaman Obat di Beberapa Perguruan Tinggi di Indonesia. Jakarta: Badan Penelitian dan Pengembangan Kesehatan Departemen Republik Indonesia; 1995. hal.83-4.
5. URL: http://iptek.Apjii.or.id/artikel/ttg tanaman obat/unas/Lengkuas.Pdf.2006.
6. Winarto WP. Tanaman obat Indonsia untuk pengobat herbal. Jilid 2. Jakarta Karyasari Herba Media; 2007. hal.61-4.
7. Fong MHMS. Phytochemical screening. Departement of Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology. Chicago: College of Pharmacy, University of Illinois at the Medical Centre; 1980.p.70-81.
8. Parrot, Eugene L. Pharmaceutical technology. 3th ed. United States of America, Burges Publishing Company; 1971.p.371-2.
All articles in Jurnal Ilmu Kefarmasian Indonesia are an open-access article, distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium.
This licence applies to Author(s) and Public Reader means that the users mays :
copy and redistribute the article in any medium or format
remix, transform, and build upon the article (eg.: to produce a new research work and, possibly, a new publication)
If you remix, transform, or build upon the article, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- NO ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS:
You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
It does however mean that when you use it you must:
- ATTRIBUTION: You must give appropriate credit to both the Author(s) and the journal, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
You may not:
- NONCOMMERCIAL: You may not use the article for commercial purposes.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.