Optimasi Konsentrasi Ekstrak dan Bahan Pengikat Polivinil Pirolidon pada Granul Ekstrak Daun Sirih Merah (Piper crocatum Ruiz & Pav) sebagai Antihiperurisemia
Ethanolic extract of red betel leaves (Piper crocatum Ruiz & Pav) has antihyperuricemic activity. In order to be applicable to consume, this extract need to be formulated into pharmaceutical dosage form. Granules which is packed in a tea sac bag was considered to be more practical and
appropriate for person suff ering hyperuricemic, because they have to drink more water. In the granulation process, the he binder plays an important role so that this study aims to fi nd the optimal red betel leaf granule formula with variation on the extract dose and the polyvinyl pyrolidone (PVP) binder and prove granule activity in vivo in mouse hyperuricemia model. The extract was prepared by maceration
the leaves in 96% ethanol and sprayed dried by hot air. The powder was then formulated to granules form in 22 factorial design. The factors were the extract dosages (38% dan 47.51%) dan the amount of PVP (Polyvinyl Pyrrolidone) as a binder (0.5% dan 2%). The physical and chemical properties of the granules were evaluated, interaction dosage, PVP concentration and each properties was analysed by making the contour plot and superimposed contour plot to get the optimum formula. The in vivo antihyperuricemic activity of the granules was determined in hyperuricemic mice. The result showed that the optimum formula was found in granules that contained 42.5% extract and 1% PVP. At the equivalent dosage of 455 mg extract/kg, this granules formula had antihyperuricemic activity decreasing 54.2 %plasma uric acid level significantly. Thus it can be concluded that the optimum granules of ethanol extract of red betelleaf with 42.5% extra ct content and 1% PVP proved to have antihiperurisemia activity in mice induced by chicken extractand potassium oxonate.
2. Laksmitawati DR, Rahmawaty H, Nurhidayati L. Potensi antihiperurisemia dari senyawa hasil fraksinasi fase etil asetat ekstrak etanol 96% daun sirih merah Prosiding Seminar Nasional Ilmu Farmasi Universitas Jendral Ahmad Yani (Unjani) ISBN 978.602-73060-1-1, 2015 hal 23-7.
3. Folttmann H., Quadir A., Polyvinylpyrrolidone (PVP)-One of the Most Widely Used Excipients In Pharmaceuticals: An Overview, Drug delivery Technology, June 2008, Vol 8 No 6.
4. Lachman L, Lieberman HA, Kanig JL. Teori dan praktek farmasi industri Ed III Vol. 1. diterjemahkan oleh Siti Suyatmi. Jakarta: UI Press; 2007. h.227-57
5. Aulton, ME. Pharmaceutic the science of dosage form design. 2nd ed. Churchill Livingstone. 2000.
6. Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan Republik Indonesia. Peraturan Kepala Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan Republik Indonesia Nomor 12 tahun 2014 Tentang Persyaratan Mutu Obat Tradisional. Kepala Badan Pengawas Obat dan Makanan Republik Indonesia; 2014.
7. Laksmitawati DR, Nurhidayati L, Novita N. Establishment Of Hyperuricemia Mouse Model With Oxonic Acid Potassium Salt And Essence Of Chicken. RJPBCS 8(1S) January – February, 2017(Suppl.), p.64-9.
8. Laksmitawati DR, Nurhidayati L, Arifi n MF, Eksplorasi Inhibitor Xantin Oksidase Dari Beberapa Tanaman dan Pengembangannya Sebagai Antihiperurisemia. Laporan Akhir Penelitian Hibah Bersaing Kemenristek Dikti (tahun ketiga), Oktober 2016.
9. Cos P, Ying L, Calomme M, Hu JP, Cimanga K, Poel BV, et al. Structure-activity relationship and classifi cation of fl avonoid as inhibitors of xanthine oxsidase and superoxidase scavengers. J Nat Prod. 1998;61:71-6.
Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.