Produksi dan Penetapan Kadar B-glukan dari Tiga Galur Saccharomyces cerevisiae dalam Media Mengandung Molase
Beta-glucan extracted from the cell membrane of Saccharomyces cerevisiae has been used as food and medical ingredients. Molase as a waste-product of the cane sugar industry, containing 4-9% of glucose and other nutrients, has been investigated to substitute glucose in the YPG fermentation media of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, and to improve the yield of B-glucan by three strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae (RTA, RN4, and SC). Beta-glucan and protein concentration were determined by spectrophotometric method at a 490 nm and 750 nm respectively. The results showed that molase can be used as glucose-substitute in the YPG media for the production of B-glucan by three strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae. The best yield for each strain was as follows: RTA strain in a media containing molase (8% v/v glucose equivalent) produced 61,79% w/w of B-glucan; RN4 strain in a media containing molase (1% v/v glucose equivalent) produced 98,42% w/w of B-glucan; SC strain in a media containing molase (2% v/v glucose equivalent) produced 56,48% w/w of B-glucan. One-way Anova followed by the Tukey-Bonferroni test indicated that molase can be used as substitute of glucose source in the YPG fermentation media, and significantly increased the B-glucan yield by all the three strains of Saccharomyces cerevisiae, as well as reducing the protein contents. The highest ß-glucan yield (98,42% w/w) was attained by the RN4 strain in a media containing molase (1% v/v glucose equivalent) with a protein impurity of only 10,53% w/w, while the RN4 and RTA strains produced a higher B-glucan yield than that of the SC strain.
2. Ian W Dawes. Biotechnology of microbial exopolysacharides. New york: Cambridge University press; 1990. p. 1-11, 20-3, 38-42, 117-51.
3. Young Lee. in. Korea research institute of bioscience and biotechnology. diambil: http://www.willey-vch.de/books/biopoly/pdf-vos/bpol15006-135-144.pdf. diakses: 3 maret, 2004.
4. Digital naturopath. diambil dari http://www.digitalnaturopath.com/treat/T151737.html-24k. diakses 2 februari, 2004.
5. Beta glucan. diambil dari http://www.betaglucan.org/links.htm. diakses 26 Desember, 2003.
6. Ian WD, Sutherland. Microbial physiology. 2nd Edition. New York: Cambridge University Press; 1990. p. 32-53, 72-97.
7. Barnet JA. Characteristic and identification yeast. New York: Cambridge University Press, 1990.
8. Paturau MJ. By products of the cane sugar industry, an introduction utilization. London: Elsevier pub.com. Amsterdam; 1969. p. 33-53.
9. Fardiaz D. Bahan kuliah mikrobiologi pangan.Bogor: Jurusan TPG Fateta IPB; 1992. hal. 140-51.
10. Daw majin. biotech coorp .daejon 305-600 pdf. korea. diakses: 3 November, 2004.
11. Graeme WM. Yeast physiology and biotecnology. New York: John Wiley and Sons, 1992. p. 122-31.
12. Suzanne NS, Editor. Introduction to the chemical analysis of food. London: Jones and Bartlett
Publishers; 1994. p. 137-64.
13. Poedjiadi Anna. Dasar-dasar biokimia. Jakarta: UI Press; 1994. hal. 8-50, 81-124.
14. David HJ, Peck Hazel. Analytical biochemistry.2nd ed. New York: John Wiley and Sons Inc; 1993.p. 338-41, 408-11.
15. Landercker-Elizabethmoore. Fundamentals of the fungi. 4th ed. New Jersey: Prentice Hall; 1992. p.15-7.
16. Copeland A Robert. Methods for Protein Analysis. New York: Chapman and Hall; 1994. p. 39-51.
17. Tri Puspaningsih NY. Pembentukan sel ragi (Saccharomyces cerevisiae) galur baru yang mampu mencerna pati secara langsung menjadi etanol melalui cloning gen amilase. Lembaga Penelitian Universitas Airlangga; 1999. hal. 24-8.
18. Rahman Anshori. Teknologi fermentasi industri II. Bogor: PAU Pangan dan Gizi IPB; 1989. hal. 6-13.
19. The United States Pharmacopeia. 25th Ed. Rockville: United States Pharmacopeial Convention Inc; 2002. 2256-60.
Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.