Studi Pengikatan Cadmium (II) pada Resin Anorganik Titanium Oksida dan Zirkonium Oksida
Immobilization of Cd-(II) in production technology of indium medical radioisotopes (lll In or 115min) by means of 112Cd (p, 2n) 11 In or 114Cd (n,y) 115Cd 115mIn nuclear reaction is an important step regarding to the quality of the produced radioactive indium and efficiency of the utilization of the enriched targets (112Cd or 114Cd). The phenomena and capacity of Cd-(II) immobilization were studied using two kinds of inorganic oxide resins, i.e. titanium oxide and zirconium oxide. The aim of this study is gaining experimental data supporting the utilization of the resins in the production of 111In and 115min. The immobilization of Cd-(II) was proceeded by treating standard solutions of Cd-(II) with the resins followed by measurement of Cd-(II) content of the treated solution before and after treatment. The separation of the treated Cd-(II) solution from the resin was performed by means of centrifugation, while the measurement of Cd-(II) was performed by means of Ultra Violet spectrophotometry. The ready-used titanium oxide from Merck did not bind Cd-(II) even after being treated with several kinds of activating media. Zirconium oxide synthesized from the reaction of ZrOCI,. 8H,O with a basic solution of NaOH was in the form of the hydrate compound formulated as ZrO. nH,O with the value of n=(1.7034 +0.0186) and showed a capability to bind Cd-(II) higher than that of zirconium oxide synthesized with a basic solution of NH,OH or of the ready-used ZrO2. In general the Cd-(II)-binding capacity of Zro, tends to decrease with increasing of the amount of Zro.
2. Macdonald NS, Nelly HH, Wood RA. et al. Method for compact cyclotron production of indium-111 for medical use. Int J of Appl Rad And Isot. 1975;26:631-33.
3. Mushtaq A, Karim, HMA. Ion exchange behaviour of cadmium and indium on organic anion and cation exchanger : A 115Cd/115m in generator. Radiochem Acta. 1993; 60:189–91.
4. Soenarjo S. Evolusi prosedur radiokimia dan aplikasinya dalam teknologi proses radioisotop. Pidato Pengukuhan Ahli Peneliti Utama Bidang Kimia, P2RR. Serpong: BATAN; 2002.
5. Soenarjo S, Gunawan AH. Radionuclidic impurities in pertechnetate solution eluted from 99m Tcchromatographic generator loaded with "Mo-fision product. J Indon Appl Chem. 1997. 7(1/2):17 - 21.
6. Knapp FF, Beets AL, Guhlke S, Zamora PO et al. Development of the alumina-based tungsten-188/ rhenium-188 generator and use of rhenium-188 labeled radiopharmaceuticals for cancer treatment. Anticancer Research. 1997;17: 1783–96.
7. Mishra SP, Singh VK. Radiotracer technique in adsorption study. XI. adsorption of barium and strontium ions on hydrous ceric oxide. Appl Radiat And Isot. 1995;46(2):75–81.
8. Bao B, Song M. A new 68Ge/68Ga generator based on CeO. J Radioanal Nucl Chem Letters. 1996;21(4):233–38.
9. Yassine T. Inorganic ion exchanger based on heteropoly compounds of tetravalent metals, AECSC/FRSR56. Damascus: Atomic Energy Commission; 1992.
10. Satyanarayana J, Reddy VN, Murty GS, Dash A. Synthesis and ion exchange properties of zirconium molybdoarsenate (ZrMAs). J Radioanal Nucl Chem Letters. 1994;188(5):323 – 30.
11. Clearfield A. (Editor). Inorganic ion exchange materials. Florida : CRC Press Inc; 1982.
12. Veseley V, Pekarek V. Synthetic inorganic ion exchangers - I. hydrous oxides and acidic salts of multivalent metals. Talanta. 1972; 19:219–62.
13. Bilewicz A, et al. Ion exchange of alkali metal on hydrous titanium dioxide in neutral and alkali solution. J of Radioanal Nucl Chem. 1991;148(2):357-71.
14. Hasany S.M. Sorption of hafnium on hydrous titanium oxide using radiotracer technique. J of Radioanal Nucl Chem. 1997; 219(1):51 – 4.
15. Bhattacharyya DK, Dutta NC. Immobilization ofbarium, cadmium and antimony cations over zirkonia. J Nucl Sci and Technol. 1991;28(11):1014-18.
16. Das SK, Guin R, Saha SK. Study of adsorption ofzinc ions on hydrous zirconium oxide surface. Radiochimica Acta. 2000;88(2):107–10.
17. Soenarjo S, Yantih N, Sinambela J, et al. Chromatographic behaviour of cadmium-(II) in hydrous ceric oxide column. J of Radioisot and Radiopharm. 2000;3(1):43 – 53.
18. Soenarjo S, Rahman F, Yantih N, et al. Serapan Cd (II) pada resin Ceo, dan pola pelepasannya melalui proses elusi pelarut. Prosiding Seminar Sains dan Teknologi Nuklir, P3TkN, BATAN, Bandung, 2000; 341 - 52.
19. Mahan BH. University chemistry, 2nd ed. Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company; 1971.
20. Stella R, Valentini MTG Maggi L. Characterization of copper chromate as a new inorganic exchanger for the isolation of Sr radioisotopes from fission products. J Radioanal Nucl Chem. 1991;149:59–65.
Copyright @2017. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/4.0/) which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.