Efek Kurkumin terhadap Aktivitas Enzim Glutation Peroksidase Mitokondria Hati Tikus
This study was conducted to prove the hypothesis that Curcumin could prevent the oxidative damage of rat liver mitochondria induced by t-butylhydroperoxide (t-BHP). The induction of 400 uMt-BHP reduced Gluthatione Peroxidase (GPx) activity from (0.29+0.03) to (0.04+0.01) umol/min/mg protein. Instillation of Curcumin of 1000 uM could elevate GPx activity to (0.16+0.002) umol/min/mg protein.
2. Suyatna FD, Ganiswara S, Siswoyo K, Asikin N, Rosmiati H, Pringgo U. The effects of the curcuma againts paracetamol-induced liver damage in rats. Medical Journal of University of Indonesia. 1992;1(1):20.
3. Luft R. The development of mitochondrial medicine. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 1995;(1271):1-6.
4. Reed DJ, Gogvadze V, Laffanchi R Jones D, Lash, editors. Assesment of glutathione as a measure of cell injury in mitochondrial dysfunction. USA: Academic Press Inc.; 1993. p. 219-225.
5. Richter C, Gogvadze V, Laffanchi R. Oxidants in mitochondrial from physiology to disease. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 1995;(1272):67.
6. Halliwel B, Gutterdge JMC. Free radicals in biology and medicine. 3rded. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 1998. p. 22-24.
7. Toward NR, Dixon H, Kellerman GM. Biogenesis of mitochondrial, the sensitive of rat liver mitochondria to antibiotics: a phylogenetic difference between a mammalian system and yeast. Arch Biochem Biophysic. 1972;151:361.
8. Cohen G, Hochstein P. Glutathione peroxidase: the primary agent for the elimination of hydrogen peroxide in erythrocytes. Biochemistry. 1963;(2):1420.
9. Marinho, Antunes, Pinto R. Role of glutathione peroxidase and phospholipid hydroperoxide. Free Radical Biology and Medicine. 1997;22(5):888.
10. Fuller G, Shields D. Moleculer basis of medical cell biology. 1sted. USA: Prentice Hall International Inc; 1998.p. 100.
11. Djohan R. Efek kurkumin terhadap kerusakan mitokondria hati tikus yang ditimbulkan oleh butilhidroperoksida tersier [tesis). Jakarta: Universitas Indonesia; 1999.
12. Van der Goot H. The chemistry and qualitative structure-activity relationship of curcumin. Disampaikan pada International Symposium on Curcumin Pharmacochemistry (ISCP) 1995. Yogyakarta.
13. Meister A. Mitochondrial changes associated with glutathione deficiency. Biochimica et Biophysica Acta. 1995; 22.
14. Rendina G. Experimental methods in modern biochemistry. p. 284
15. Lash LH, Sall J, Jones D, Lash LH, editors. Mitochondrial isolation from liver and kidney, strategy techniques and criteria for purity in mitochondrial dysfunction. USA: Academic Press Inc; 1993. p. 8-21.
All articles in Jurnal Ilmu Kefarmasian Indonesia are an open-access article, distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium.
This licence applies to Author(s) and Public Reader means that the users mays :
copy and redistribute the article in any medium or format
remix, transform, and build upon the article (eg.: to produce a new research work and, possibly, a new publication)
If you remix, transform, or build upon the article, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- NO ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS:
You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
It does however mean that when you use it you must:
- ATTRIBUTION: You must give appropriate credit to both the Author(s) and the journal, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
You may not:
- NONCOMMERCIAL: You may not use the article for commercial purposes.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.