Evaluation of Drug Side Effects Chemotherapy on Quality of Life (QOL) Breast Cancer Patients at Hospital X in Jakarta
Breast cancer is the number one cancer type discovered at women in the world. Most causes are genetic factors and hormonal factors. One cancer treatments with chemotherapy. Chemotherapy drugs active in cells dividing and reproducing, but cells normally to be affected by chemotherapy and side effects from chemotherapy drugs affect quality of life. The aim of the study to evaluate side effects of chemotherapy drugs on the quality of life of breast cancer patients. Sampling technique observational prospective breast cancer patients with completed the chemotherapy cycle from September 2017 to April 2018 with descriptive analysis and statistics by looking correlation between drug side effects and Quality of Life (QoL). Results of the study were side effects of fatigue 100%, nausea 67,5%, vomiting 60%, no appetite 63,75%, fever 42,5%, joint pain 43,75%, diarrhea 16,25%, difficulty swallowing 16,25%, allergies 5%, itching 1,25%, mouth sores 3,75%, swollen right hand 1,25%, constipation 3,75%. QoL results are physical 6,2%; psychology 5,3%; social 4,9%; spiritual 6,8%. Results of Sperman test showed no correlation between the side effects of chemotherapy and QoL P> 0,05. This study shows that there is no relationship between the side effects drug chemotherapy and QoL in breast cancer patients.
2. Tjindarbumi. Penanganan Kanker Payudara Masa Kini Dengan Berbagai Macam Isu di Indonesia. Proceending Indonesian Issues on Breast Cancer . Surabaya. 2004
3. Bakhtiar. Manfaat & Efek Samping Kemoterapi. Dapat diakses di http:// Manfaat dan efek samping kemoterapi¬_Bakhtiar.htm dibuka pada tanggal 28 Maret 2018. 2012
4. Saragi. Hubungan Dukungan Keluarga dengan Kualitas Hidup Klien Hemodialisa di rumah sakit H Adam Malik Medan. 2010. http://respository.usu.ac.id.diaksesn
5. Grunberg, Steven, M. Management of Nausea and Vomiting. 2007 http ://i.cmpnet.com/ cancernetwork/handbook/pdf/38nausea.pdf.
6. Kusminto, Deteksi Sangat Dini Kanker Payudara, Jawaban Untuk Menghindar. Departemen Kesehatan. 2006.
7. Australian Cancer Incidence And Mortality (ACIM) Breast Cancer. http://www.aihw.gov.au/acim- books/
8. Pherson K Mc, Steel CM, Breast Cancer Epidemiology Risk Factor and Genetic, BMJ. 2010; Vol 321 : 624-628
9. Carson, C. Exercise for Cancer Patients, HCA Cancer Care, Colorado 2002
10. Alam, S. Gambaran Kualitas Hidup Pasien Kanker Payudara Di Rsud Panembahan Senopati Bantul. Skripsi. 2017. Yogyakarta
11. Dersen W. Onkologi Klinis. Jakarta: Fakultas kedokteran universitas Indonesia. 2011
12. Ismail S. Metodologi penelitian kesehatan. 2009. Jakarta: PT. Rineka cipta.
13. Setyawati, S., Rosalina., Pranowati, P. Hubungan lama kemoterapi dengan kualitas hidup pasien kanker payudara di RSUD Tugurejo Semarang. 2014 PSIK ngudiwaluyo ungaran.
14. Betty, R, Ferrel. Quality of Life Instrument - Breast Cancer Patient Version City of Hope. United State. 1995.
All articles in Jurnal Ilmu Kefarmasian Indonesia are an open-access article, distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License which permits unrestricted non-commercial used, distribution and reproduction in any medium.
This licence applies to Author(s) and Public Reader means that the users mays :
copy and redistribute the article in any medium or format
remix, transform, and build upon the article (eg.: to produce a new research work and, possibly, a new publication)
If you remix, transform, or build upon the article, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.
- NO ADDITIONAL RESTRICTIONS:
You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
It does however mean that when you use it you must:
- ATTRIBUTION: You must give appropriate credit to both the Author(s) and the journal, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
You may not:
- NONCOMMERCIAL: You may not use the article for commercial purposes.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.